Friday, September 30, 2011

It is a windy, blustery

....Winnie - the - Pooh sort of day here in SouthEastern Wisconsin.  Another good reason to do some crafting ;-D  I always seem to tie in my crafting time with either the weather or the laundry.....go figure.  Today's blog will be short and sweet (or just short) as I really want to maximize any free time that I have today to A. craft  and B. just generally be somewhat productive.  I have spent the better part of my free time lately curling up with a good but looooong book and now find that the dust bunnies in my house have grown large, violent and MUST BE TAMED.

Anyways, the card that I have today is for the Hero Arts Fall Card Exchange and I am pretty happy with how it turned out.  I like this particular HA stamp quite a bit and when ever I pull it out I wonder why I don't turn to it more often!  I think  maybe the size of the image holds me back from reaching for it more often...although I have seen people cut it down to really beautiful results.  Another "must try" to add to my already desperately long list!  Today I just continued to work on coloring with markers.  They are not as forgiving to me as pencils but I am liking them more and more and am seriously thinking of purchasing some Copics.  I hear from so many of my Flickr and Blogging friends about how great the coloring is with Copics.  Back to this card though....I also was thinking of popping up anther set of flower heads on dots, which I have done in the past with this image,  but ended up deciding that there was enough going on in this particular card without adding more; and I think I kinda like it "flat" too.  So ....a few patterned papers and a colored image later this is what I have to show!


It is not a traditional Fall card in that it is not with leaves, acorns etc ...but I like these flowers all dressed up in Autumn colors.  Take care all.....THANKS (capitalized for strong emphasis) on stopping by my blog today!

Be well,
Sheila
                                                              

7 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful colouring Sheila! And you matched it up with perfect patterned papers! I really like it! (I have this stamp too and have normally used it in a cropped fashion instead of the whole stamp - but I may need to give it a try!). Thanks for the lovely message on my blog! Really appreciate it!

Lin said...

I love this stamp colored in the autumn colors and framed with these pretty papers! Well done, Sheila!

Lisa said...

What a unique take on this stamp Sheila! I absolutely love how you've colored it and left it on white bg- awesome! It's maybe not a typical fall card, but that's exactly what I love about it!
(and I hear you about the dust bunnnies, my friend!!)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheilia I know how much you love your colored pencils, but you are really pulling some wonderful shading and colors from your markers! Your card makes me smile.

Rosemary said...

what a bright and vibrant card, sheila!! the flowers just pop off the card...

Melinda said...

Wonderful design and terrific coloring!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Saw this card over on Flickr, WOWZERS!! Really beautiful design and such wonderful coloring, the stamp is on my wishlist!