Tuesday, October 18, 2011

I have been...

...sicker than a dog the last few days.  So, I apologize for not posting....believe me I would have LOVED to have been crafting and posting rather than being in bed, out of commission feeling like something the cat dragged in.  Today however, was the first day that I had a little energy and so I set myself upright and did a lil' somethin'somethin'.  I was looking over blogs (and sooo sorry for not commenting these last few days...there are a few blogs that I always try to comment on and just couldn't) but I was intrigued by the Penny Black "gifttag" challenge over on their blog.  I haven't done a tag in forever and so thought it would be fun.  I also wanted to try something different with the tag and since I had purchased the Penny Black Fashionably Wrapped here I thought that this styling fashion girl would make a great tag.  I also used the Penny Black Sentiment Transparent Stamps here for the stars in the sky and the the little floral detail on the package. So, here she be.....


I first stamped the image onto a tag so I would know how far to take my distressing in.  I then distressed tumbled glass,  broken china, and finally faded jeans ala' Kathy Racoosin seen here .  She does amazing cards/backgrounds/everything!  I then colored the package with copics, cut it out and adhered to tag.  Then I colored the fashion girl, cut her out (which, yes, took a loooong time) and then popped her up on foam dots and, voila!  It's a tag!  And, I do believe I will make another because, this was purty darn fun.  And, thanks for stopping by!

Be well, (or at least more well than I have been ;-D )

Sheila


7 comments:

Brenda said...

Hi Sheila! So sorry to hear that you have not been feeling well! Hopefully you recover fully soon. Love your tag today, great one for the challenge! Must be quite something to fussy cut that girl!

Dawn T said...

Hope you are feeling better Sheila. Not good when you are laid out! Love your adorable tag. Such a pretty one.

Barb said...

That's no fun, being sick! I hope it goes away soon, Sheila. I do love your fabulous tag! Beautifully colored and distressed!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sending happy wishes that you feel better soon. Wonderful colors and distressing on your tag!

Tanya said...

Hope you feel 100% soon! Your tag is gorgeous, the colors are so vibrant!

Maureen Morton said...

Sorry to hear that you weren't up to your normal par. Guess there was no ink on your fingers for a couple of days - ha! Love the brightness of this cute tag - continue to heal, my friend.

Sue Lelli said...

All of that cutting out was well worth the effort, Sheila! LOVE all of the distressing and your party girl! Not sure HOW you managed such a FAB tag when you are so sick! I just want to lay down!!!