Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Now, I will...

be the first to admit that this particular card is somewhat "over the top".  Yep, it has it all, bling, glitter, glamourous fashion girl image, patterned paper, fussy cutting and a bow.  Wow!  It is like a fancy-pants card on steroids!  But, it is for my sister in law who has a birthday on Thursday and is throwing a wedding for her only daughter on Saturday.  That definitely  is a person who deserves an over the top, pull out all stops, bling it up, down and all around type of card.  I used Penny Black Fashionably Wrapped and cut out the holly piece and inserted a wrapped package from Penny Black Let it Snow . Then I used a sentiment from Penny Black To You which is one of my favorite sentiments to use.  I also tried paper piecing after seeing Kathy Racoosin's card here.  Kathy did an AMAZING job....I am just starting to try this paper piecing technique and I totally have new respect for all you ladies who do it so well!  Yikes-not so easy!


                                                                         
Thank you for stopping by today!  I always appreciate the visits.


Be well,
Sheila

6 comments:

Barb said...

I think it's absolutely fabulous, Sheila! Love it! :)

MarcyK924 said...

OH Sheila - this isn't over the top at ALL!! It's adorable! I LOVE the paper piecing - isn't it fun? You did an amazing job. I love everything about this card!

Sasha said...

Fabulous card, Shelia, and certainly not over the top...It's perfect!:)

Kathy said...

The beautiful colors on your card caught my attention right way. Love all the extras too...bows, bling, circles in other words..stunning!! Thrilled to see you mentioned me...wow thanks :) Your sis in law will be tickled pink :)

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Sheila. Love how you combined the different stamp sets. Not too over the top at all.

Lisa said...

I don't think this over the top - it's simply amazing! What a fab job you have done with all the piecing! Love the color scheme- it's so totally you even tho not our normal style of card.
You SIL will just love it :)