Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Pulling out...

...a Penny Black favorite.  I know, I know.....for those of you who have followed my blog or stopped by flickr stream you have to be getting tired of this particular stamp.....and probably tired of me coloring flowers blue but oh well!  Love this stamp and love love LOVE me some blue flowers!  This is Penny Black Cheerful 4160k as well as Penny Black Music Background 2025M . The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory....some pretty patterned papers, bling and a ribbon.  The die cut is a Tim Holtz.  And, that's about it I think!  Here is my card ;-D


If anyone OUT THERE has some tips for me on photographing my cards I would greatly appreciate the help.  My cards generally look "crooked" and the glitter is usually not visible.  Also, I get a big "shine" effect from the flash....suggestions...anyone? anyone?

I also wanted to tell you how excited I am to be able to display the Jill Foster Inspired by blog blinkie.....I don't have many blinkies and this one really makes me happy ;-D  If you have never been to Jill's blog I really urge you to stop by....you won't be disappointed!

Be well,
Sheila

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Well I, for one, love your blue flowers so don't stop :) Your cards are usually so cheery , bright and fun- just love 'em!! This one's a beauty too with all that fab pp and musical die cut!
As for the photography- I struggle with that too, but one thing I would say is that maybe using a black, or dark bg might make the glare from a flash seem brighter?? Are you taking the photo during day or evening? Around a window to help capture good light? I try to take most of my photos (not that mine are so good) during the early morning when sun is brightest and by a window so I can take advantage of as much light as possible. Good luck :) Hope this helps!

Lin said...

I'm just fine with your blue flowers - keep 'em coming!

Have you tried using Picasa? I use it every time I post - you can straighten your photo, brighten it, all kinds of editing. It's free, and works well with blogger blogs. Here's the link: http://picasa.google.com/

Sasha said...

Hi Shelia, I love your blue flowers! And all the others, too. This one is really beautifully coloured:)
I usually take my photo's during the day, (with no flash), and a light background. I found that taking them at night time with a flash caused glare and I also lost a lot of detail. But I'm still learning:)

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheila I never tire seeing all the fabulous ways you use this stamp. Each and every design has a new twist which makes this image new and fresh all over again!

MarcyK924 said...

Sheila - I ADORE your blue flowers and in the end, if they make YOU happy, then keep 'em comin!!

Lin turned me on to Picassa and I LOVE it! A few suggestions - use a white, light blue, or light grey background. DO NOT USE FLASH! On your camera - turn the flash setting off. You can see the reflection on your photo. The straighten setting on Picassa is AWESOME! If you have a macro setting on your camera, use it. It will bring your card close-up to the camera. When you use natural light, you'll see a huge difference!

Virginia L. said...

I love love your coloring, Sheila! The blue flower is gorgeous!! You sure make this PB stamp shine! About the lighting, I agree with Lin and Marcy! I also use Picasa and find it very helpful to take photo under bright natural light (not with the sunlight on the card though). Hope you try a few things and see if it makes any difference! Thanks so much for visiting my blog--as always!~

Dawn T said...

I think I NEED this flower stamp Sheila. It is beautiful and you colour it beautifully. I used Picnik in Flickr to adjust my cards. I try to ensure I take daylight photos - I have a kitchen bay window I use. Picnik allows me to straighten a bit. Good luck with your photography.