Monday, February 27, 2012

20th Anniversary....

Joe and I celebrated our 20th anniversary last Wednesday....and like the entire 20 years of marriage we were almost too busy to plan something!  We had incredible busy-ness lately with our son and his swim season...actually, my husband was in Brazil and then flew home on a Friday to be at a Saturday Sectional meet and the after party that we hosted.  Then back on the plane to Paris Sunday morning only to be home Thursday for a Friday State meet.....so it has been busy....and that speed is what we have been traveling at for the last 20 years in one way or another.  Then, I had some health issues that needed my attention and I tend to not deal with those things when I should.  Don't we all put off taking care of ourselves or at the very least, taking care of ourselves last!  So, before I was ready, my anniversary was here.  I had ordered a special stamp, the Tom and Tilly stamp from Penny Black sometime ago as I thought it was such a special little image.  I ordered it specifically for our anniversary.  And I made it up ahead of time and was happy with the result but did feel like there was something missing....some "intimacy" was missing from the card......and then I saw Kathy Racoosin's blog entry for February 20th....and my jaw dropped to the floor!  Her post that day used the Tom and Tilly stamp and was specifically about creating a moon with copic markers....and that was the missing piece from my card.  That big ole' pie in the sky romantic moon!  And so, a dilemma....what to do - what to do?  My anniversary was a the 22nd and I was running out of time due to other obligations before the actual day.  And, I needed to contact Kathy and ask her about using her design as I was pretty much planning to copy the whole thing!  So, I emailed Kathy and really, she couldn't have been nicer!  And, then I got to work.  I am soooo happy with how this turned out and will do this over again for other people for their anniversaries....that is why I like this image so much!  Just a sweet image of where I would like to be in 30 years.  I also included the beginning of Robert Browning's  famous poem.....can you guess which one it is based upon this image?  It is the perfect sentiment for the elderly couple!  Here is my card!


After coloring the moon and sky I added some sparkly chalk to them....it is hard to see in the picture but in real life it looks just wonderful!  I also added some small touches of green, yellow and red stickles to the bouquet.  So, like I said, I can def see room to improve on this card (Kathy added wonderful texture and pattern to her couple's clothing for example) but I do like this alot, and Joe did too.  Which is what really counts! Please, please stop by Kathy's blog here!  She does such a wonderful tutorial job on how to make this card! Thanks Kathy for letting me use your design!  I love it! Thanks for the stop by and the look see!

Be Well,
Sheila

9 comments:

Barb said...

Isn't it wonderful how we learn fun techniques and designs from each other? And there is no one better to learn from than Kathy - that's for sure! Love your beautiful anniversary card, Sheila! Hope you and your hubby were able to enjoy it with less "busy-ness!" Hugs! :)

Nancy K said...

What an amazingly special card, Sheila! I'm so glad that timing was on your side on this one and that you were able to use Kathy's concept to add the missing ingredient to your design. Anniversary blessings to you and your hubby!

Jenni's Jems said...

Love this card we are celebrating our 25th anniversary later on in the year and think it would be perfect for my hubby too!Thanks for the idea x

Brenda said...

Happy belated 20th Anniversary Sheila! It's hard to slow down when all you know is speed! But your card could not convey the message of long term love any better! It is truly beautiful and extremely touching!

Kathy said...

Hi Sheila, To say that you are busy is an understatement. Wow!! Besides your husbands travel schedule, your son's swim schedule....I hope all of your health issues are better and you can put that behind you. (I'm the same way as you about dealing with my health if that's any consultation)
Now for your anniversary card..WWWOOWOW ! Your card looks like a piece of art and the moon is so realistic(with so much dimension) and just a glow!! Your coloring, shading the added sparkle is perfection.
Happy happy 20th Anniversary to you and your hubs. Love the photos of your children....young adults on your blog. BEAUTIFUL!!
Thanks for the nod :) you are to kind. Hugs, Kathy

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Sheila. Congrats on your anniversary. What a busy life you lead. Do take care of yourself though.

Maureen Morton said...

AH, Sheila - you have done it again! Not just a stunning card, but a captivating story. It was just delightful. Sorry that your life is so darn hectic - but, please take care of yourself! You are important to so many of us. Hope all is well with your health now. You are something else, girlfriend! Take care and take a deep breath once in awhile.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Happy 20th Sheila! What a perfect way to celebrate the day - with a hug!

Pajalu said...

Congratulations on 20 years of wedded bliss Sheila. Your card is stunning! Such a great image. Kathy is wonderful isn't she. Wishing you a wonderfu time together & I do hope you get to slow down. Take care of you xoxoxoxo