Monday, February 20, 2012

Baby card...

and what a super cute image!  I will confess, I have made next to zero baby cards in my life.  I might just be getting to the point where more of these type of cards will be needed and I had fun making this one.  Kind of a different direction from what I normally do but it was nice to get all "cutesy" in a card!  This is another WhipperSnapper Design image and I love that it could be colored for either a boy or a girl baby.  This particular card will be going to my niece who recently had a little girl.  My daughter and I went shopping and found the cutest little outfits to send along as well.  Wow!  I forgot how adorable all that little bitty clothing is!  Anyways, here is my card....


I also wanted to say that I have been super busy the past few weeks as we have been winding down in my son's swim season.  What that means is that usually two nights a week and all day Saturday there are meets that are pretty important that lead into the end of the season.  Saturday meets are usually all day and generally out of town.  I tell you this as my time to craft has been less than zero and my time to comment has been less than that.  But, the State swimming competition was this last weekend and my son made it in three events.  We were so excited and spent the weekend out of town watching him compete.  He did very well and now, well now the season is over!  And, I will have some extra time to get back to my crafting.  It's funny how something so simple as cardmaking can be so missed when life gets a bit more hectic than usual!  I always wonder how the ladies who post daily are able to find the time to create, upload (and seriously, uploading makes me insane at times!) and then post!  They are my crafting heroes!  So for now, one card, a few random thoughts and a "Thank You" for stopping by ;-)

Be well,
Sheila

6 comments:

Barb said...

For never doing cutesy cards, you did a fabulous job, Sheila! Love your coloring of that sweet image!

Lisa said...

Another SWEET WSD image! ACK! So cute :) And I see the pink combo there- don'tcha love it? Here's another set pink/red Copics for you. You could group them in a few different ways- R20, R22, R24, R27, R29
Let me know what you think :)

Dawn T said...

what a gorgeous card. Just love the colour you used on the pram.

Maureen Morton said...

This card is seriously precious, Sheila! You did a great job with the layout and coloring (you are becoming quite the master). How wonderful that you are able to support your son in his interests - enjoy these years as they will be soon be memories! Take care and thanks!

Elizabeth Allan said...

This just shouts adorable! Love the matting and your coloring is terrific!

Brenda said...

Huge congrats to your son Sheila! This is another very sweet image and I love how you created light on the pram (stroller in the US!). Glad you are going to have a bit more time to craft! Sorry that I too have been MIA from your blog for a while! I just could not keep up with Flickr, my blog, general commenting...bla,bla,bla....you know the story...oh, and trying to sell our house!