Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life is...

...sweet!  That is the sentiment that I think of whenever I color up this particular image.  Unfortunately, I don't have that sentiment!  But, still, I love this little simple pot of strawberry plants and it seemed the perfect little image to make a fresh, spring-y card.  I wanted to make a "clean" card (well, clean for me ;-) for a wonderful family who are so kind and generous in their treatment of  my son.  He and their son have been best buds for years and years now  and they have welcomed my son on trips with their family.  In fact, their whole extended family has been so kind to Corm that he thinks of them as a second family which I think is just wonderful.  So, along with a gift, I wanted a sweet little card for them. This is a Northwoods Rubber Stamp Co image and is colored with copics and stickled in the center of the flowers with yellow stickle.


Thanks for stopping by today.  And again, thank you so much for the wonderful comments!

Be well,
Sheila

8 comments:

Judy said...

Hi Sheila,
I had to stop and tell you I love this card. It is really so pretty.
Have a wonderful day.
Judy

joy said...

Sheila, this is so pretty! You have such a way with these Northwoods stamps! Great coloring, as always.

Robin K. said...

I agree with Joy! You do have a way with these Northwoods stamps! Very sweet card with excellent coloring!

Sasha said...

Once again your colouring is just beautiful, Sheila. A gorgeous card which that special family will love!!

Dawn T said...

very very pretty Sheila. Your card is awesome

Maureen Morton said...

This IS a sweet stamp and you have colored it so beautifully. Can you print out your perfect sentiment on your computer? I do that sometimes when I don't have stamp that says what I want to. Love the story behind this, too. You raised a good boy to have another family love him so!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Straight from your window sill to the card! You are giving Mother Nature a color challenge!

Judy1223 said...

Sheila, I agree, this image is lovely...and you have colored and Stickled it perfectly! I love the layers and frames...and the bow is a perfect touch!