Monday, April 30, 2012

Two of a kind.....

with enough differences to keep it all interesting!  Today I have two cards using the same Northwoods Rubber Stamp Company image.  I generally like to stamp an image twice and then color it differently....I feel like that helps me initially to "get to know" my images.  I love this rose stamp and had a lot of fun coloring it.  I went more vintage with the color choices and really love to layer blues around the images to create a background.  For some reason it reminds me of Grandma Bess and my Aunt Nell.  On the inside of these cards I have  stamped the sentiment "Everything is coming up roses".  I also went much bigger with these two cards then I normally do. They are app 5 x6 3/4 and I found it challenging to work on a bigger "canvas".  I do think though that I am going to make larger cards more often though as so many of my stamps are larger and I feel I do a disservice to them when I try to cramp them onto a a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2....I often feel that my cards tend to look  busy then.  So, here they are....



I haven't been able to craft much since I took my copic certification class and it has made me somewhat crazy at times.  It has been busy here as we have had several track meets, prom, visits with both daughter's and State Solo and Ensemble for music.  This has all been packed into about 10 days and yesterday, when there was nothing planned, I finally set aside some time to craft and really, it was so soothing to be by myself.  I watched/listened to a documentary off of Netflix and just spent time quietly coloring.  My plans are always to be able to do a bit of craft each day but usually life takes over and craft takes a very distant back seat to whatever else is going on. I really don't know how you ladies who work outside the home or have little ones home all day are able to find time to produce as much as you do.  My hat is off to you! It is an on going challenge for me to find my "me" time even though I know how much better my mood is when I do make time for myself.  I know that I am not alone in this balancing act!  I find that if I keep my various craft area's clean and organized I am more apt to find the time to have fun.  When they are messy I get so involved in the cleaning, straightening and organizing that "my" time becomes "stress" time rather than a more relaxing experience. Hmmmmm, am I just learning the value of cleaning up after myself??? I think so ;-D

I do hope, however, to talk a bit in another post about my copic class experience.....I will say now that I really loved it and feel that I learned so much.  One thing that I can safely admit is that I learned how much I still have to learn!  On that note I will say goodbye and thanks for stopping by!

Be well,
Sheila

12 comments:

Sasha said...

I wondered where you were. I hope your classes went well.
Both your cards are gorgeos, Sheila, and both are beautifully coloured, too x

Maureen Morton said...

These are both glorious, girlfriend! So much depth and great colors & coloring! I can't wait to hear about your class - I was thinking of you. I know - sometimes there are too many other things to do. Not to worry. Hugs!

Pam W Merwin said...

Your color choices are beautiful on both cards - I tend to like to work with a larger card too. I love the touch of lace on both cards :)

Pajalu said...

Sheila, firstly your cards are just gorgeous! I love them both, your colouring is superb. Don't worry about the not getting in the crafty time. I'm finding I only get to do mine in spurts & not as often as I would like ;D

Brenda said...

Well Sheila, the colouring on these beautful rose images is simply out of this world, it's hard to believe that you even needed to attend a Copic class! I am totally with you about not being able to create in a messy environment which is probably why I am really struggling right now! My room is a mess as I try to sort through my things to decide what goes in my suitcase,what goes airfreight and what goes seafreight! It's a real dilema!

Barb said...

Oh, I always love seeing your coloring, Sheila - amazing! Your roses are stunning on both cards! Can't wait to hear about what you've learned in class! :)

Dawn T said...

Glad to see you got some YOU time to create Sheila You have really made this stamp sing! Both cards are so beautiful. The colouring is superb.

joy said...

Hi, Sheila! I missed your beautiful posts, but knew that you were taking the copics class. These cards are stunning; I especially love the second one. And, I think I may have to make bigger cards with some of my LaBlanche stamps after seeing these! It really makes sense because the stamps don't fit well on a standard card.

I, too, find it very hard to find time for cardmaking, posting, commenting and keeping up with challenges and such. Even though I am retired I am still very busy with church, family and friends!!

Glad you are back - looking forward to hearing about your classes!

Robin K. said...

Love them both Sheila but am partial to the colors of the first one :) I agree in that bigger images do look better on larger card bases. You are not alone - we all struggle with trying to balance life with time for creating! And while I love my "online" world I always make sure my "real" world comes first :)

Elizabeth Allan said...

I so enjoy seeing your posts using the same stamp colored in different ways!

Unknown said...

These are both gorgeous Sheila well done Hugs Elaine

bessanne said...

jeez mom, i haven't stopped by your blog in forever, and just read back to the beginning of april!!! so long, but as usual, great cards. i love however, the roses.....favorite flower, and especially the orange :)

looks fantastic!!!!