Saturday, May 26, 2012

Butterfly....and....

another challenge.  Please don't be getting sick of this butterfly yet.....as you can see I'm not!  actually, like I said before, I stamped this image up three times on copic paper and three times on "regular" paper so I have the image set aside to color with whatever medium whenever I want.  Usually when I stamp an image I stamp it multiple times on different papers so that I can have a ready stash of images to color or even take with me on a weekend trip to color.  I am hoping to have time this summer to color when I am "fishing" too!  Anyways, I find that doing this saves me alot of "prep" time when I just want to create but don't have a particular stamp in mind to use....I just go to my stash and make it work!  So, today it is one more time with the Hero Art's Artist's Butterfly image....and I am finding that this stamp is a really fun image to bling up!  It can be done in super girly-girly way as I did it today.  I also am going to enter this card into the   Moxie Fab Card Creations Challenge Week for The Doily and Lace Challenge.   And this challenge entry came about in a funny way.  I had card finished last night and was really happy with it.  The final cardstock "mount" was a gingham piece that I stamped "hugs" on and then affixed the butterfly.  Then last night, after coming home from an amazingly fun wedding, I happened to glance  at the card and thought, "hmmmmm, the placement of the sentiment seems too far to the left for my eye.  I will just change that."  Now.  With out my reading glasses on.  After being at an amazingly fun wedding reception for hours (read into that what you will ;-D ).  At 1:00 am......needless to say that when I looked it this morning my "fix", which was to add on the sentiment "& kisses" looked terrible, was crooked, smudged and just basically, a real lesson learned!  So this morning I had to dismantle said card, ripping and tearing the underlayment in the process.  Needing now a larger "mount" for my butterfly...... my eye spied a doily laying in my scrap pile from last week and VOILA!!!!!  Card was saved!  And, funny thing is...I actually like this version better!  And I know exactly who is getting this card!  So, entering into The Doily and Lace Challenge


And here is my card:


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope to have some crafting time later....it is supposed to storm but right now it is sunny and my bike is calling my name!

Be well,
Sheila

13 comments:

MarcyK924 said...

Oh em gee, Sheila! This is GORGEOUS!! You have mastered Copic coloring, my friend! Love the fun, vivid colors and the b'fly blows me away! A winner, for sure! Hugs, Marcy

Barb said...

This is my favorite card you've ever made, Sheila! You know how much I love pink and green, and this is so gorgeous! I love all the layers and texture, and you've colored that butterfly beautifully! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!

Robin K. said...

Oh Sheila - you made me giggle when I read your post :) Your copic coloring of the butterfly is awesome and it looks so good against the doily!!! My hubby and I dusted off our bikes earlier this week and have been enjoying riding them in this beautiful weather:)

Virginia L. said...

I always love seeing a butterfly card and I think you do such a fabulous job coloring this one! The layering and colors are so beautiful together! It's awesome to see you taking up the challenges! Thanks for sharing your adventures creating process! Isn't it wonderful that you finally made something that you are happy with? The happy result may not be what you had envisioned, but the creating process is priceless:)

Dawn T said...

what a stunner Sheila. So glad you were able to "save" your card. That is one beautiful doily

joy said...

This is one of my favvorite butterfly images, too, Sheila, so I would never get tired of seeing it! Your coloring is amazing and the doily is the perfect backdrop for it.

Sue Lelli said...

Sheila, this card is so GORGEOUS! LOVE the colors! LOVE that FAB butterfly! LOVE the lace heart!

Jenni's Jems said...

A really stunning card and I Love that lacy heart and can see why that butterfly is a favourite ! x

Pam W Merwin said...

Sheila, this is oh so beautiful - I so love the color choices! Such a great combination of elements with dies and borders and embossing!

Greta said...

Wowee! Oh I love how you colored the butterfly this time & all the elements are put together perfectly! Love this!

Maureen Morton said...

You are too much fun, Sheila! I want to bike ride with you, too. Loved the story and the card is simply adorable. Great idea to stamp multiples....never thought of that one. Have a glorious holiday!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Sheila thank you for sharing your adventures with stamps and inks! This color combination is fabulous!

Sasha said...

Your butterfly and heart are beautiful, Sheila. Love your colour combo, too x