Monday, June 25, 2012

Roses!

I adore this stamp!  It has so many possibilities. Today, I wanted to do really traditional red roses but add a little something different in the way of color....hence the purples and yellow.  What is a little hard to see in this picture is that the yellow is then "distressed" with copic blending solution and that created a really nice, mottled look.  Kinda like painted aged plaster.  I also tried something different, well, at least different for me by embossing part of the white mounting but leaving some "flat" in  order to have a space for a sentiment.  I really struggle with sentiments on the front of my cards and and saw someone over blog surfing do this and thought "great idea"!  Wish I could remember where I saw it but really, it is probably a very obvious technique to just about every crafter but me!  Anyways, I like how this turned out and will definitely play around with this idea.

I also have been multi-mount crazy lately.  I ordered these really amazing rulers called Perfect Layers Rulers.  They are fabulous!  I will inculude the link here in case anyone is interested.  I find these rulers on Jenny Gropp One Krafty Kat's blog and because I have always admired greatly her cards....and the beautiful way she sets off her images I decided to go ahead and get the rulers that she uses.  Well, I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase! And they can be used in scrapbooking....they make the mounting of pictures just so easy-peasy. Here is the link to them!

http://www.perfectpapercrafting.com/perfect-layers-brand-ambassador-gropp/ 

And here is my card.  I colored with copics and the sentiment is Hero Arts.


Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you are having a nice day.  In Plymouth it is mild and breezy.  Lovely sun and even lovlier temps....highs in the mid 70's!  Take care ;-D

Be well,
Sheila





5 comments:

Pam W Merwin said...

Sheila this is beautiful - love the layers and your colors are beautiful!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous Sheila. Love the red roses and the background yellow is stunning. Love the layering

Maureen Morton said...

I love seeing that Copic Certification over there on the right....and, you are using lots of fun new techniques. Your roses are so lovely - and that layered background is wonderful. Do you really need special rulers for this? Will have to check it out. Now I am off to smell some real roses - yard work today!

Sasha said...

Oh! WOW! Your roses look beautiful, Sheila. Love your colour choices and such a lovely sentiment, too x

Jenny Gropp said...

Shelia, so thrilled you like the Perfect layer rulers! They make layering a breeze! Thanks for the shout out, always appreciated!

Your cards are lovely.... You know I like the layers and it looks like you do too! Beautiful layering and coloring.
The Grand Calibur is also my choice of die machine... Glad to hear you are enjoying it! So fun to get new and useful toys!!