Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Wow...

since I have posted last I have turned 50, celebrated with my family and then celebrated by walking the Susan G Komen 3 Day 60 mile Walk for a Cure.  It was amazing, spectacular....in fact I am not even able yet to process how I feel and so I will write about it....I just need to decompress, s look at my photos, reflect and put it into a perspective that doesn't sound too loony, over the moon happy about it!  But, that is how I feel and I am soooo glad that it was such a gonzo experience for me.  It was a totally out of the box event for me to take on.....and here I am talking about the fact that I was publicly acknowledging that I was going to be fifty.  50.  Five-O.  And, it has been good.  A good birthday.  A good three day walk.  A good 60 miles.  I will write and post pix...but today, I have a card that I thought I uploaded last week and now see that I didn't.  So, here. it. is.


The main image is a Northwoods Rubber Stamp Co.  and then I complimented the patterned paper with Hero Art's Fabulous Flourish stamp.  I used a Spellbinder Die Cut and a Tim Holtz metal sentiment and there you go!  My card ;-D  Thanks so much for stopping by and I really am appreciating the comments and private messages of late.  Toodles!

Be well, 
Sheila

7 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Well, I dare say this has been a banner week for you, Sheila! First of all, HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY! Second of all, that is SO awesome that you did the 60-mile walk for breast cancer awareness/fundraising. I have never done it (although I have donated and sponsored many friends) but I have heard it is an unbelieveable experience. I really look forward to seeing pics and reading future posts about your experience. In the meantime, congratulations on so many wonderful achievements! GO, SHEILA!

Oh, I almost forgot to mentiojn how much I LOVE that beautifully colored hydrangea card! It is really pretty...well done!

Sasha said...

Fabulous card! Beautifully coloured, Sheila.
Happy birthday! Wish I was still fifty!
Huge congratulations on completing the three day 60 mile walk. You're wonderful for doing that!
Here in the UK my friends daughter did the breast cancer walk. They walked twenty six miles, but all through the night, wearing a pink bra on the top of their t-shirt xx

Robin K. said...

Happy 50th birthday Sheila!!!! What an incredible experience the walk must have been!! I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around it so I can imagine how difficult it must be to put your thoughts into words!! I look forward to seeing your pics! Your card is gorgeous btw!!

Greta said...

Happy, Happy birthday you young thing! I vaguely remember turning 50--LOL! Congrats on the 3 day walk--wow--such an accomplishment, Sheila! I love that stamp & your beautiful coloring!

Maureen Morton said...

What a great way to start a new decade....and, I must say, you wear it so very well, Sheila! This card is a delight for the eye - love the poppin' oranges! - and you are a delight for the heart! Love ya!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful card, beautiful age, beautiful YOU!!

Dawn T said...

gorgeous card Sheila. It's been a busy week for you. Happy Birthday for the other day, well done on the walk as well. That's quite an achievement.