Monday, October 29, 2012

Barb's Birthday!

When I first joined HA Flickr Barb was one of the first people that I "met".  Mind you even though it was just a "virtual meet" Barb's personality came through as she helped me with flickr issues, card making and helped on a few personal issues too.  In short Barb became a "friend" before I ever had the opportunity to meet her face to face.  But finally we did meet....in fact just as recent as this past September when traveled to Scrapfest and spent of few days, a few classes, a few meals and a few lines with Barb!  And now she is having a birthday and Virginia has been kind enough to organize a card hop for Barb. So of course I wanted to take part!
I recently went a little nuts and bought several new Spellbinder dies.  I love Spellbinders.....they were the first dies I ever got and I just think that there quality and versatility rock.  And, I have found a place that often sells them for as little as $16.99 so that makes me happy.  So, I finally broke down and purchased a couple of the dies that I have been coveting  and thought that I would make Barb's card with one of my new sets.  And a quick tip for any time you use a very delicate or complicated die...put a piece of wax paper on the die and then layer your paper over that.  After you cut out your die the wax paper will allow your die cut to just pop out!  Any ways, I also want to enter this card into Mojo Mondays Challenge # 265....Square or Round. I went with square.....I always love a square card!

I also am entering this into the Simon Says Stamp and Show: Just Add Pearls.  I used both pearl bling and also pearlized chalk to color the background around the sentiment.  And, it is hard to tell but the deep pink cardstock is also pearlized.  Here is my card!  I hope that Barb likes it!


I also will be linking this card to Virginia Lu's blog.....she was the sweet person that got this birthday ball rolling.  And finally, I want to give a curtsy to Jenny Gropp of One Krafty Kat blog....I love her card designs and really loved THIS particular one and basically followed her example when trying this particular die for the very first time!
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you are having a good night.....and if you are on the east coast please stay safe!

Be well,
Sheila

12 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

What a beauty Sheila!

Lin said...

Barb's favorite colors! I love that big gingham bow and the floral on the frame - really lovely with the pearlescent coloring, too!

Barb said...

Wow! That is one beautiful card! Love the pearly shimmer and you used my favorite colors too! Thank you, Sheila - so sweet of you! It sure has been a special birthday this year! :)

Virginia L. said...

Like you, I LOVE Spellbinders! And what DEALS you have for a set that costs $17!! I seem to keep getting good "deals" through you, Sheila! I love your use of the new die (thanks for the wax paper tip)and the layering is gorgeous! I am so glad that you join the fun to celebrate Barb's birthday!

Brenda said...

Very pretty card Sheila! Love that bow!

Dawn T said...

stunning Sheila. I've not seen this die before but it looks totally awesome.

Elizabeth Allan said...

Beautiful design Sheila...Barb is going to love these birthday wishes!

MarcyK924 said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Sheila! I know Barb is a huge fan of your cards and will LOVE this! It was SO much fun surprising her!

Here is a link to a site that has Spellbinders on sale almost daily!
http://www.flowerstoflourishes.com/

Maureen Morton said...

Barb is such a doll, and so are you! This is such a great card, and in Barb's favorite colors. Love how you used the patterned paper and tucked in those fancy pearls. A glorious ensemble, for sure!

Judy1223 said...

Sheila, I bet Barb LOVED this beauty! What absolutely beautiful colors! That gingham bow is gorgeous with the pink...yum!

Greta said...

Love your new die, Sheila & this is one gorgeous creation! I know Barb loves it!

Terry said...

Thank you for sharing your beautifull card, love the die and the colors you have used, thank you for sharing with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, hugs terry xxxx