Monday, April 15, 2013

And then there were 6....

I have two more sets to share with you today.  For those of you who aren't aware, I am sharing the sets of cards that I made for friend who requested pink card sets for a breast cancer auction.  So, I have been immersed in all shades of pink for the last week and have two more sets to show you.  These are the 5th and 6th set and I have one more on the table ready for final assembly and embellishing.  I have really loved doing this project.  Last year I did the 60 mile Susan G Komen walk and this year, besides donations, I have spent time on these sets. And with the count currently at 36 cards (and numberous duds) I have had plenty of time to reflect on all the women in my life who have battled this disease.  And, as an added bonus, my oldest daughter was in town for a visit and she asked to craft with me.  It was wonderful and so great to see her get "her feet wet" in crafting!  She ended up creating a memory board that hopefully I will get to post here later this week.  But on to the cards....

This first set is a small card....only 4" x 4".  I used up lots of pink scraps by "quilting" a standard size piece of cardstock with 1" x 1" squares one night while watching  tv with the family....always a good time to do those time consuming yet brainless aspects of crafting.  Then I cut from that large sheet 6 smaller sections to be laid under the heart frame.  The dies are all Spellbinders.  Then just a ribbon, some bling, a flower and a bit of stickle and voila!  the card was finished!


Add caption

I always do an assembly line with these type of sets and they go so fast!


The next card features the  pink just in the way of the window and the center gem of the flower.  I LOVE this card.  So easy to make but it looks fancy and difficult!  This is note card sized at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2 " and just has simple embossed mats.  I love the look of the brink embossing showing through the window panes.  I believe the embossing folder is Sizzix....Tim Holtz one and the window die is Spellbinders.  The flower, leaves and "pine" are all punches.


And, again, here is the whole finished set!  I would actually keep this card for myself if I had a choice....that's how much I like it!  

Thank you for stopping by and I hope to put the last of the sets up tomorrow.  I am not sure if I will make one or two more....I guess it depends on how much I care about getting housework done today!

Be well,
Sheila

9 comments:

Barb said...

Housework is overrated - choose the crafting! :)

Love both sets, Sheila! Gorgeous layers and colors!

joy said...

So beautiful, Sheila! I love the first one best because I love hearts. But the second one is just lovely too - I'm sure your friend will be ecstatic with these sets.

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the quilt look! Hope you are well. Hugs!

Nat said...

such wonderful sets, these are beautiful!!

Dawn T said...

You are a legend Sheila. Both sets are so pretty as are all the rest. They will raise heaps as everyone will want them.

Sasha said...

I said before how amazing you are to make these cards, Sheila...and to make so many, too. They are all beautifully created, I love your little window boxes! x

Robin K. said...

Both sets are so beautiful Sheila! I have a "thing" for windows and so I absolutely LOVE the second set!

Lisa said...

You have really done a beautiful job with your sets, Sheila! I can't choose which I like better :)
It's a great cause as well and I know your donation was much appreciated!
Have a lovely weekend! XX

jintyoo7 said...

Stunning, Sheila - beautifully made and wonderful cause! You have done an fantastic job :)