Monday, July 28, 2014

A new crafting passion!

Hello!  It has been forever and a day since I last posted but that has everything to do with  owning a new cottage on a lake and having no reliable internet out there!  So, I have been crafting but just not posting.  I have also been trying other types of crafting and really am enjoying the stretching of my crafty wings!  I love die cutting for cards and recently became interested in the Spellbinders and Iceresin products for mixed media usage.  My daughter Clarice was going to be having her 21st birthday and she has always liked hearts and has received various jewelry hearts over the years.  When I saw Spellbinders heart bezels I knew had to try my hand at some jewelry making.  And, along with the Iceresin product I was able to make her a necklace and earring set that I actually was proud to give her!  I was surprised (and gratified hahaha) to find this ice resin so very easy to use....and am looking forward to making other pieces of jewelry to store away as gifts for people as the need arises.  In addition to card sets people always need a bit more bling right?  Anyways here are my creations....I had sooo much fun making these.  My sister in law came up for an overnight and we were just jewelry making machines!






I covered the bezels in some scrap paper that had "i love you " on it in script. This is so lovely in person ....my photography skills just do not do it justice!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Be well,
Sheila

2 comments:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

These are gorgeous Sheila! Hope you are having a good summer.

Robin K. said...

Glad you're enjoying your new lake house!! Your jewelry is awesome- love seeing the results of your talent!